On February 23-25, 2021, we took part in a conference on Zebrafish breeding, entitled “16th Annual (Virtual) Zebrafish Husbandry Workshop” organized by Aquaneering Inc.
Danio Rerio fish are used in ecotoxicological studies to assess the impact of chemical substances and products on the aquatic environment, carried out, among others, in accordance with OECD guideline 203 and 212.
The conference topics included:
– the impact of social isolation on Danio fish and the need to ensure their development in groups
– the fish eating habits and the influence of the surrounding environment
– gender and genetic background and Danio rerio’s reproductive capacity
– infectious diseases and laboratory control strategies for this species
– laboratory automation methods.
Link to the conference website: http://www.aquaneering.com/zebrafishworkshop2021.php
Photo source: Azul, Copyrighted free use, via Wikimedia Commons